Editing: Applying Green Screen

 As stated previously in my "Production Day 4 Big Decision" blog, a green screen background was used alongside the diegetic title being written on a paper on a desk. This scene was supposed to represent a director reviewing a film which was on their monitor (The same monitor we had a green screen on). To demonstrate this, I went on Final Cut and placed a keyer on the green screen to make it transparent. After I took a video of the house where the sitcom takes place and framed it into the monitor. After doing that, the outcome came out like this...


Editing this specific part only happened due to the failure of the TV while we were filming.The main character was intended to turn on the television in the scene, but the TV was malfunctioning, so we had to shoot it on the monitor. This maintains the setting that we wanted to convey while giving the sequence the appearance that the film is being edited and reviewed on site.

This strategy was seen on YouTube by many different content creators in their intro's. The one that inspired me to recreate my own was the meme from the Jeffery Dahmer movie where he forced his victim to watch a movie.


After seeing this it inspired me to recreate it in my own unique way. Learning how to input keyers made this easy and helped progress me in my editing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script