Editing: Color Correcting

 In the final stages of editing, my team decided to get on a FaceTime call and check in to see how its going and help out with minor fixes. One of these fixes being color correcting. As we filmed our introduction, we tried our best to keep lighting consistent, but as time fluctuates and we moved around the house, the lighting had been thrown off. Certain clips had different shades and undertones than others so this was where I had to go in and color grade.

Color Grading is the modifying the appearance of an image to be presented in various settings on various devices. 

Me being slightly new to color grading, had to learn how to properly use it by trial and error. I soon learned how to properly maneuver the grey, white and black shades to color correct the image and then adjusted the warmness of it due to my team wanting to give it an old sitcom look.

Example:




After trying to replicate the look provided, this was the end product.....

Before

After

I did pretty well if I do say so myself :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script