Editing: Glitch Transitions

After achieving the green screen look I had to find a way to put the audience in the actual viewpoint of the alternative reality that the film is portraying. This concept was hard to grasp due to the theme and plot of our film opening being complex. With this being said I had to find a way to make a glitch in the matrix to create a fiction in a fiction. Ironically a glitch effect is what I ended up using. 

The glitch effect represents a change from reality to fiction and is later used to reverse back to reality. Glitching follows along with the films niche due to the plot taking place in an 80's reality tv show.

Finding the right glitch took me several videos of YouTube searching due to the glitch having to have a green screen background for me to apply a keyer too. After a long search I stumbled across a set of glitches in one video and I was able to export it out of YouTube and into our film and trim out the excess glitching and keep ours at around a half of a second.


The Glitch :




How I applied it to the Film:



As I edited these glitches through out the film introduction I learned how timing and placement of clips can effect the outcome of its meaning. Randomly placing the glitches in the film would've threw off the audience and causing confusion. But placing them in specific parts where the main character is seen snapping back into reality and when the reality goes into the sitcom creates meaning behind the glitch. This is a form of symbolism where the glitch symbolizes a gain of knowledge.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script