Sound Design Statement Research Pt.2

The first two minutes of our film planned on having minimal dialogue so to make up for that lack of speech we plan on using fake laughing to be our ADR when a character says a joke to fill in for blank space. Doing this and adding background music during tense situations was our main layout so me being responsible for the sound design statement I had to find ways to acquire audio like this for our film.

One day our cinematographer was scrolling on TikTok and found a song that was played by an orchestra and felt like it was needed in our film. Now to avoid copyright, i took it and placed the song in adobe audition and tampered with it and converted it into an mp3 file and after doing so my group fell in love with it.  

The link to the TikTok is attached to this blog but the outcome of the mp3 will be saved for our film. While editing this sound I was able to put it into a online key finder which taught me that this song overall consisted of an E Flat Minor. I looked up what that meant and I learned that this key was one of the darkest, and most somber keys. Now knowing this made me want to put it in our film better to that dark theme of false reality being our films main idea.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script