Pre Production - Mise en scène

Before starting the production, I thought Mise en scène was solely the setting of where the film is shot. As I began to do more research I found out Mise en scène included everything that appears before the camera; Meaning the composition, actors, sets, props, costumes and lighting in addition to the setting. 

 As me and my team reunited they came up with a setting of where they wanted to shoot the film. Immediately after seeing the set I began cogitating on what semantic codes are going to be established by using this area and how can we manipulate it to establish our own connotative effect.





As seen in the pictures our set has a lot of harsh lighting coming from the back drop so to compensate for that, closing the curtains and using our own lighting from ring lights will be the solution to that. But overall the props in place such as the couch, lamp and vintage scenery give a 90's effect and as editor, I can compliment this with grainy effects in post production.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script