Editing: First Day of Post Production

 The first thing that I did during post production was place the clips in order in Final Cut Pro (my editing software). Doing this took a while due to us having hours of footage and having to intercut scenes such as when the main character is looking at the "film crew", exit sign and hidden camera. This particular scene was shot on 2 separate occasions. The way I accomplished this editing technique was by taking the close ups shots of the camera crew, main character, exit sign, and hidden camera and intercutting the contrasting shots to make one composite scene. 

This idea was stemmed from an episode in Teen Titans Go where they had an alternative reality of shots showing them looking at their past selves through a TV and breaking the fourth wall. Even though in that clip they used cross fades rather than straight intercutting the concept stemmed from that due to us having the main character break the fourth wall similarly to them. 


Inspiration:



Our Re-Creation:


While reviewing the Teen Titans Go clip I learned how to take concepts and editing styles and apply it to my own film. Doing this assisted my creative process and helped me during editing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script