Sound Statement Research

 After completing the shot list the next thing I had to make for my team was the sound design statement. This was nay first time making one so to complete it I had to do research on the particular diction and terms to use within it. Due to my past in making music and months in my Media Studies class , most of the terminology I understood but I still went on a deep dive to gain a better understanding. 

My team agreed that in the intro of our film we were going to use 80's sitcom music and that was a genre I've never looked into so I had to learn more about it.

As I looked I found out that 80's sitcom music consisted of Soft Rock and Pop culture and in that form of music were 108 BPM and pinch harmonies. After doing this I started to gain an understanding of how the BPM of music can change the tempo in a song and give the audience a perceived reaction. 

Now that this was understood, we asked one of our friends to created an intro soundtrack for our film and came out like this.


This sound matched perfectly with the effect we wanted to give off from our film because the short clip had a high tempo and could be used to introduce our characters.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: The Script